Who We Are
Dr. Maria Hersey
Edupreneur, Founder, and CEO
With more than twenty years in public education, Dr. Maria Hersey brings a vast array of knowledge and international education experience that she developed during her years as a public school educator, administrator, and through her experiences at the International Baccalaureate and the Hawn Foundation.
As envisioned by Dr. Hersey, GEA is an international collaborative of professionals dedicated to supporting innovative and empowering educational practice. We have extensive experience in international education which builds on a diverse, creative professional network of global educators with a passion for working together with innovation, collaboration and making a difference for every learner.
Areas of expertise
We understand that every organization is different and has it's unique needs and contexts. With this in mind, we customize our services to provide contextualized support to ensure long-term success for teachers and students.
Our areas of expertise include:
- Program Planning, Design & Evaluation
- Educational Leadership
- Coaching & Mentoring
- Curriculum Alignment & Development
- Professional Development & Program Support:
- Global Competencies, International & Global-Mindedness
- Social-Emotional Learning (SEL) & Mindful Awareness
- Teacher & Student Well-Being
- Concept-based Curriculum
- Inquiry & Problem-Based Learning
- Interdisciplinary & Transdisciplinary Teaching & Learning